- 11/05/11: New Website - 8th revamp
- 09/05/11: Following the Plan (part II)
- 09/05/11: 2011 - Progress: 03/13 (10-HM) - Following the plan ...
- 09/05/11: Happy new year !!
- 09/05/11: Cataclysm Raiding - 8/12 - SumUp
- 03/05/11: Its time to get bloody, shall we??
- 03/05/11: New Raiding Season
- 09/05/11: Arthas Down in cold BLOOD (12/12 10-man Normal)
- 09/05/11: Samurai Going Softcore
- 09/05/11: Ashbringer to Samurai;
- 09/05/11: gathering @ ??????????? (7+8 ??????? 2009)
- 09/05/11: Samurai @ Karazhan (Server :D) & Twilight Vanquisher !!
- 09/05/11: Latest 2008 words
- 09/05/11: Wrath of the Lich King Content -> CLEARED
- 09/05/11: ???????? ???? Arthas - 10-ppl Instances Cleared - ???????? 25???? !!
- 17/05/13: ToT Progress: 11/12 (10N)
- 17/05/13: Τι σας προσφέρουμε, τι ψάχνουμε από εσάς...
- 07/04/13: 5.2 - Council of Elders DOWN IN A POOL OF HOT BLOOD, LFTank & maybe a HEALER for the Raiding Team (3/12)
- 21/12/12: Starting 25-Souls Raiding - Looking for reinforcements! (Update: 20/12: 6/6 MV25N, 3/6HoF25N)
- 29/11/12: 12.12.12 - 25Raiding - Join us or sit back & watch!!
- 08/04/13: Panda Raiding -> Mogu'shan Vaults farmed (6/6) - Training - Looking for members! (Update: HoF Progress: 3/6)
- 01/11/12: Raiding again @ Panda !! (Needs Updated: 1/11 - MV: 4/6)
- 29/09/12: 8/8 DS HC -> GAMEOVER - Looking for new FRESH BLOOD..
- 20/09/12: Status Report: 6/8 DS HC - MOP Plans, analysis!
- 02/08/12: Samurai Wish YOU a great Summer !!
- 26/07/12: Progress Status: 4/8 HC - Needs updated: We have spot only for one Balance Drood!
- 18/05/12: Needs updated: LF one healer (Holydin / Holy Priest preferably) & one tank (Drood preferably) !!
- 02/04/12: Resurrection or a bloody come back ??
- 17/08/11: Latest Content Updates - Kill Stories (The Black Temple Story)
- 11/06/11: Latest Content Updates - Kill Stories (The Mount Hyjal Story)
"As you will read in our History page, we stopped raiding in April 2011. So for now, we raid only with friends and enjoy the game in a casual way. Therefore, we rarely accept any new members and stay as it is, till we decide to start again. This whole page, reflects our philosophy in the game and through this page, you will understand how we see the game, and expect how we will behave if we ever find the motivation to start again -> On April 2012, we started again, reformed on Twlight's Hammer and prepare ourselves for Pandaria. In this new era, we are focusing to maintain 2 10-man raiding groups, equally killing bosses each week, and with this process, be able to test people so we can reach 25-man raids again. We have a specific master-plan that we follow it, read more below".
Samurai is established on an unconventional foundation from the majority of guilds out there. We didn’t build and maintain the guild to simply exist but because we have a certain image/approach of the game, our vision and how we pursue it. Let’s analyze this in a reverse way :
Things we don’t appreciate :
- We don’t like people who claim that Greeks can’t form and operate a successful guild!
- We don’t like the type of players who baptize their toons randomly as if they were drunk.
- We don’t like guilds that function in a chaotic manner, bypassing rules and regulations or actions by guild members that contradict them.
- We don’t like a Guild with a democratic cover but in reality loot is distributed in unorthodox ways. The logic we operate the guild is crystal clear and based on rules and regulations that everyone read and comprehended upon applying.
- We don’t like Officers who act based on personal preferences, favoring their friends.
- We don’t like Guild Masters that are inactive and rarely appear in the game.
- We don’t like to maintain a poorly designed site that lacks content and its not practical to serve the purposes of the guild. We do believe that our Site is the reflection of our Guild.
- We don’t want our Core Raiders to neglect their raiding responsibilities and being inactive (i.e. showing up once weekly when they ought to raid 2 times per week). Our Core Raiders (Kuge) actively participate in raids and in the event of being unable to log in they notify their respective officers. You can’t have everything going your way when you can’t meet Guild’s raiding criteria.
- We don’t like the statement : “Do you have a microphone? We only want you to listen and execute; you don’t talk back”. Above all we are a group of friends and not robots.
- We don’t like Guilds who operate in an unorganized manner. That you are granted admission via a simple /ginvite and the guild sails without any guidance or vision. There is good planning in our guild but if you simply want to join for fun you are still welcome. You will attain the respective “casual” rank and we will see you in our next meetings!
- We don’t like the lack of structure. We consider necessities our Site, proper Officers/Coordinators, Teamspeak, RL meetings, GM to work as a maestro for all this. If any of these strikes you as odd seek elsewhere for a Guild.
- We don’t like the sentence : “I have read/studied/was told/saw in my dream the following tactic to defeat this Boss” during our raids. If you have a suggestion or plan about an encounter you can discuss it with the raid leader before the raid commences. If he thinks that is worthwhile we will adopt it. If not, we wont. In any case the sole responsible to take raiding decision is by definition the raid leader. He knows how to pull the strings. Our aim is not to simply slay the boss but to do it right.
- We don’t like people that don’t have a microphone. Microphone is a necessary tool, a mean of communication, that we want our guild members to use.
- We don’t like guild members that refuse to improve their gameplay and fix their errors. Listen to your coordinators, they are are more experienced. If you want to express your disagreement do so, by presenting your arguments; as humans we are all prone to mistakes.
- We don’t like slackers in our raiding core. We want every single raider to maximize its toon’s potential and produce quality work. We do monitor closely our players’ performance and take appropriate action if stats reveal that someone is not pushing it to the limit. We hate the type of players that like and are used to being carried by others.
- We don’t like players that clearly stated that they want to follow the Casual road but expect to be treated equally as Hardcore Raiders on the loots department. You make your choices, you have to accept the consequences. You either fight with us on the front line or casually having fun. These two cant exist simultaneously.
- We grow tired of players that lack the genitals to openly voice their opinion/disagreement/argument on our forums that by definition it’s the place to discuss everything that revolve around the guild, but instead they decide to /gquit like cowards after receiving an avalanche of loots. If problems arise we like to hear and be offered a table of solutions.
- We don’t like homo-Alliance. We are Horde and proud : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c
When u restarted at Executus, you werent anymore a Greek Guild? How's that? Was it a failure?
We played nearly 3 and a half years as an exclusively Greek Guild and we managed from late Black Temple era/SWP to post Naxxramas (Immortal Achievement) to be the best greek-only guild and we ranked 250th in Europe. We truly had a blast, many great times (and bad ones) but all ended with the guild disband in April of 2009.
When we restarted, on February 2010 we decided to lift the “Greeks only” restriction and become a multinational Guild. This decision was made because we realized that we reached a dead end. Yes, the Guild was ahead from the rest of our rival Greek only Guilds, completing and achievements and having a notable progress, but this was a result of genuine work of 10-15 people each time that with their efforts were carrying the rest of the raid that simply existed because they were born in Greece. We sought players from all realms to replenish our ranks and build a solid raiding backbone of 40 raiders that will last through time; all our efforts were in vain. Therefore we reached to the conclusion that in this new phase of the game, we wont endure the same scenario and we will open our ranks to all wow players regardless of nation to have a bigger pool of selection.
It wasn’t really a failure as we reached our goals and maintained our top spot for several months. It was just too much trouble…
As a Core Raider (Kuge) I have always optimal performance and I want to participate in all raids, can i?
No, but read more about it ;) As we are playing with 2 groups at the moment, we cant have everyone play each week. As you can imagine, we are not 20 people so 2 10-man groups play every week. We are more, as we want to cover problems that may occur, meaning people that cant raid some specific days, accidents, etc.
So in general, what we are telling to our members, is make an overall optimal performance so you will force the raid leader to say "we can't play without this fella, he is the best!"
Master-plan, so what it is?
Patience, will be updated soon!